Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I've prayed for this vessle but
it is
strange

and strangely satisfying
to
know that
I would have been saved
saved
saved if not
for a moment of
foolishness

A moment of influence that spawned
thousands, millions
of children, twisting
and thrashing
softly

I told them that I was bright
er
smarter, I was born to beat
them but it
turned out differently
funny its
so damn funny how
I could have
avoided
abnormality by
simply lying
down but I am
more than a silent
observer.

Hey, post your stuff here

4 comments:

  1. Seriously good Nick. You should keep this up. That last stanza could be the basis for a song, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a really interesting post. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good poetry man, keep up the writing. It would be a huge waste of immense talent to do otherwise.

    And the ninja part was awesome! The video was killer, I watched it like nine times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The use of enjambment to multiply the meanings your lines have here is quite good <------ understatement.

    only criticism: "vessle" on the first line it should be "vessel", unless it was intended to be spelled in a non-traditional way... but I can't see a reason for that.

    ReplyDelete